Wednesday, 17 January 2007

10 years Reunion

Hello to Everyone from the Class of 1997!!

Looking at the details on SA Reunited and The NamesDatabase it seems like as a group of adventurous young women, we have spread ourselves across the globe!!

Since 2007 is the official 10 years since school milestone, it would be really great to catch up on everyone's news, and find out a few contact details for those we lost touch with.

I am currently in the UK and would be keen to attend a reunion here, as well as possibly in SA (depending on my finances later in the year). :)

The idea is that you leave a comment on the site, with your name, a little info about what you're doing now, and any ideas or requests about a good time and place for a reunion.

If you don't want to leave contact details online that's completely understandable, but still leave a message and/or drop me an email to let me know how to contact you. I can also then put any friends who don't have your address in touch (with your permission of course!)

I will leave the first comment as an idea how it works... Click on the title "10 years Reunion" to see all the comments submitted.

(Btw... To make sure that the webpage doesn't get filled up with spam adverts as comments, I have set it so that I have to moderate all comments submitted. This means that your comment won't be published immediately. but I check my email often, so I'll publish them ASAP!)

40 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deanne Everitt - working in UK as Civil Engineer - would like reunion in London, no particular prefence about date.

Anonymous said...

A reunion sounds great! Count me in. Would be super to catch with other grade 12's from 1997. We had such a cool time in matric.

My email: phillipam@yahoo.com

Cheers
Phillipa

Anonymous said...

Hello there girls! Yes, count me in. I am currently living in Pretoria, but would be preparred to travel down to Durban for a reunion, or anywhere in SA. Won't be able to make it to the UK, since I'm already doing some other international travels this year. Because of this, I won't be available in April. But I am keen!

Love, Julie Reid
(married, but still 'Reid').

Anonymous said...

Gosh Jules, you beat me to it!
Hey it's Raeesa Aniff. I'm teaching in the UK. I also knowthere are a large number of us here and do keep in contact with loads of people from school here. you can get hold of me at raeesa_a@yahoo.co.uk or Uk number: 07921956735.
A reunion here sounds great, seeing as there are loads of us here. And would try and make the one in SA if it fits into a school holiday.
Ciao for now.
Raeesa

Anonymous said...

Hey hey.. would be cool to say hi to everyone. Living in Durbs and anytime will be fine. email eleri.morgan@derivco.com - hope you are all well. Cheers, Eleri

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I would love to have a reunion in South Africa. I am living in Durban. I am married, and a mom to a gorgeous 20 month old boy.
Not sure where we could have the reunion, but would love to see everyone again!
Debbie Job (Pietersen)

Anonymous said...

Hey guys .
Definitely a cool idea.Looking forward to it. Keep in contact.Email: LMoodley@barloworld-Equipment.com

Cheers :Lerissa Moodley

Anonymous said...

Hey all - pass the message onto all ex-1997 DGHS girls. Lets get as many as possible on this blogsite!

Hi to all.

Phillipa

Aimee said...

Organise the renunion and I'll be there. April not good as I will be in Cape Town.
Aimee Hoppe
aimeehoppe@gmail.com

Aimee said...

Ill be there. April also not good for me as Ill be in Kaapstad! No boring tea and cake afternoon please, we need to have a serious partytjie!
aimeehoppe@gmail.com

Aimee said...

Now everyone knows that poor old aimee has no flippen clue on how to post a blog!

Anonymous said...

I agree Aimee... No boring tea and cake.

It looks like a lot of people are visiting the site but not leaving messages. If there ia a problem commenting, please at least email me and let me know.

And if the problem is just that you can't think of something to say, please just send me an email with your contact details so I can keep you posted as things develop.

Cheers
Deanne

Anonymous said...

Jane Powick (nee Blackbeard) Working as a Quantity Surveyor in Surrey UK, If there is to be some kind of a reunion in UK I would love to attend any date is fine for me. As we have just had a baby (20 days ago) I can't see me travelling to SA sadly. Little Max has used up all our savings for the time being.

E-mail Janie@janieb.net

Take care,
Jane

Unknown said...

Hey everyone! 10 years....time sure has flown! I'm currently living in Dallas,TX (since Aug 2004) after moving to Cape Town in Dec 1997. I've just completed another Masters degree, conversion from a doctorate.
Sadly my visa-status will not allow me to leave the USA (currently on a workcard)- and so I won't be able to attend a reunion unless a miracle takes place happens;-(
A comprehensive email address list would be cool if someone could get it together ;-)
Lots of love to all,
Angela Ayers
stradstrad@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Dear All,

I'm currently doing a doctorate at Oxford. I'm back in SA unti April, and will be in the UK from thereafter. I'm pretty mobile so could attend a reunion in Durban, Cape Town or Joburg.

Would be great to see what everyone's up to these days!

Warmest Regards

Mandisa Mbali

Unknown said...

I can't believe it's been 10 years already! It's been so great reading the comments and seeing what everyone has been up to. I'd love to have a reunion, and will be willing to fly to UK or SA, depending on the date. I worked in Cape Town for 4 years, then relocated to Taiwan 18 months ago, and will very likely relocate to Shanghai in a few months! Asia, esp China, is really happening right now and it's a pretty exotic and exciting place. Feel free to contact me if you visit this side of the planet.

karenyhwei@gmail.com

Karen

Anonymous said...

Hi Girls
Is it that time already, 10yrs I can't believe it. It's Candice Van Niekerk here, you will remember me as Candice Hingley. I am currently working for Comair Ltd at Durban International we operate British Airways and Kulula. I am married with the most beautiful little girl Kylie who will be two in April. I will have to attend the South African reunion, I am available any time, I think you should just set a date and hopefully everyone could work around it. Wonderful to see what you have all achieved, Civil Engineers, Doctors I am very impressed.
Would love to hear from you all
email:hingleca@comair.co.za
I have passed this blog spot on to a number of girls. Keep well Candice

Bonny said...

Hi everyone, so cool to hear what you're all up to. Not sure if you remember me, it's ex Bonny Verwey, now Bonny Gerretsen. I'm a journalist and am working for The Mercury newspaper. Currently living in Durbs, although in the middle of a long passport application process to enable us to emigrate to the UK perhaps next year. Did my two year stint there and absolutely love the country. Am now married and have a beautiful 5 month old baby girl named Maddison. A reunion sounds great so please keep me posted!
My email: gerretsenfam@yahoo.co.uk
work email (from 1 march only, am still on maternity leave)bronwyn.gerretsen@inl.co.za
cheers
Bonny

Natasha Parker (nee Treble) said...

Hi guys, a reunion in Durban would be great. Am married and living in Durban and have a daughter. It's so amazing seeing what everyone's been up to in the last ten years. Can't believe it's been that long!

My email: entropynails@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers, Natasha

Anonymous said...

hello everyone, currently living in france.. doing a doctorate in Linguistics (language acquisition to be more precise!)
wonderful to have your news!
Best,
Anna ghimenton

Anonymous said...

Hiya! Its Roberta Eley here. I'm currently in the UK working in North West London as a vet - I'm running a branch of a vet group here in London. I've been here for a year now, after studying vet science in Pretoria. And am proud to say that I'm almost surviving my first full winter in this place - they say its going to snow this week!!!! I'd be very keen for a reunion in the UK, and am planning to go home to Durban for a couple of weeks in early December, in case the Durbs reunion fell into that time period.
London contact number 07951014424, 02087324969, email roberta.eley@btinternet.com.
Rgds, Roberta.

Anonymous said...

WOW 10 years already, sure does make you feel old. It's Lynda Tomlinson (nee Smit) here and
I would be totally keen for a reunion in SA. I wouldn't mind going to the UK for one, so who knows. Definately keep me posted. I'll pass on the news to others.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Wow...10 years, surely we're NOT that old :) It's Carla Manion (no aka :) Not married, no children, and back in Durban after a short stint in the UK :) I work in the bussiest Port in the Southern Hemisphere.....ok, my colleague told me to write that because I was feeling left out - BUT it is true :) Would be great to catch up, my email is: carlam@npa.co.za

LKPone said...

Hey everyone, Lindsay Pretorius here... and don't worry Carla, I felt the same way - not married and no kids - feeling all left out here! HA HA! Nah, not really... only kidding! Living in London again, after having done my working holiday thing, then returning to SA and moving to Cape Town (where I'm SURE I've seen you around Aimee H!). I then went to live and work in Dublin in 2005, before coming back to London. I'm studying a BA in Criminal Offender Profiling and would be keen for a reunion in London... unless the Durban one happens when I'm out in SA for any reason! Lins :)

Naude said...

O my goodness what a gr8 flashback and how fantastic to see so many of you online.....amazing. This is Jackie Jost here and I am stil in good ol' Durbs. I am definatley in for our 10 year reunion....would not miss it for anything.

Would love to hear from you

Email me: jackiej@ftechkzn.co.za

Take care
Jax

Anonymous said...

Michelle Steenkamp(Funnell)
Heya You lot!!! I am married and dont have kids...yet. Living in London near Heathrow. Am an accounts payable analyst. Would love a reunion in uk, or in durbs(im there in september).Im still bff's with Felicity Vorster, and she'd love a reunion wen im there in sept. my email is: mablovesmag@yahoo.com. Love to all

Unknown said...

Hey Everyone,great to see how you are all going.

I am currently living in Brisbane Australia. Workng as a nurse and midwife, love my job... VERY BROODY...cant wait to have my own kids. but anyway, i was thinking about doing another overseas adventure at the end of this year, and was going to stay with my sister in UK, so would definitely be up for that, though would consider SA if that was happening too. Suppose it depends on finances and paying off mortgage and all. But I am keen. Will pass this on to Jodi and Isabelle too, since theyre around here. Hope we can invite teachers too...how do we get hold of them???
Love CAREN BENNETTS

Unknown said...

Hey everyone, Kerry Ryan (now Campbell) here. It's so nice to hear everyones stories and that everyone is still in contact. Would love to see everyone at a reunion in London. Thanks for organising...

Kerry

Unknown said...

Hi girls, Michelle Young here. I'm currently living in London & working as a Financial Analyst. (not married/no kids!)

It's great to hear everyone's news. Definitely keen for a reunion this side of the world & should be home in Sept/Oct in case the Durbs one is that time of year!

email: msmich@gmail.com

Cheers
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hi guys
It has been fascinating seeing what everybody has been up to in the last 10 years. It seems like you have all been quite busy. I am married and working in Tygerberg children's hospital (Cape Town) as a medical officer. I am currently based in the neonatal high care unit, so I spend all day with tiny premature babies. My working hours are a little hectic right now, so I cant promise anything, but I will do my best to attend the Durban reunion.
Regards
Simone Nicol (Maclou)

Anonymous said...

Hi All.
Bonny Dales (nee Maddams) here. It is incredible to see where everyone is - Angela, congrats on the masters!
I am in Durban, married with 2 kids (Jasmine - 2 & Roan - 7 months) so you will understand why I say that my social life has dwindled to the odd dinner party and RARE "night out", therefore I put a big vote forward that the reunion be HUGE! But give me time to lose some weight first...two babies 18 months apart aint been kind to the ol' bod!
My e-mail is bonny@bmanalysts.com

Julie Reid - e-mail me, would love to hear from you!

Ciao!

Durban Chick said...

Hizit all...well somewhere in the back of my mind I knew this day was going to come but I had no idea it would come so quickly. Its Clare Desmond here. At the mo I'm living and working in good old Durbs. I'm PA to one of the partners in a law firm have been for the last 8 years (besides a short stint in the UK). Anyway its been brilliant to see how much everyone has accomplished in the last 10 years. A reunion would be awesome.
I can be contacted on email - clare@grantmitchley.com
Take care all
Clare Desmond

Anonymous said...

Hi all, Lucille Ireland here (nee Chapman) yes I married the guy I bought to the matric dance, after eight years! Going on four years of marriage, very happy- work as a child minder at present, studied Pre- school teaching and had 34 four year olds at one point- hectic but couldn't be cooped up in an office all day. Would love to see you all again. Debbie Job thought I saw you at Glenridge was not sure if you'd remember me. Please contact me with Durban reunion details, will do my best to be there. james@abacus-automation.co.za

Anonymous said...

You're all making me feel so old!I'm meant to be in Durban for a friends wedding in September so if it's then count me in. I reckon we have enough of an Australian group to have our own little reunion, Iz, Caren, Mel, Kim Lucas etc?!Maybe we could hire a plane and come out en masse?
Love Jodi

Anonymous said...

Hi Girls. Its Renita Gopal (nee Moodley). Living and working west London as a Radiographer. Very keen on a UK reunion. My e mail renitamoodley@yahoo.com.

Unknown said...

Hi. So good to read all the comments and see where everyone is!! I am currently travelling round the world on my way back to SA after working in London for 6 years....will be back in SA in a week (cant wait!)and keen to get involved with the organising. September sounds good.

Love Debbie Churchman (nee Wild)

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone,

Katie Johnston here for those who remember me. Ten years!! I have been living in the UK since January 1998 and a reunion here would be fun. An SA one sounds like the perfect excuse for a holiday. Keep me posted and if you want to get in touch email me at bytey@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Alana Holmes (nee Pembroke).... A reunion sounds great. Would love to catch up! I am in Durban so please keep me posted!

Unknown said...

PARTY - 31st MARCH

Hi Girls,
Im having a party in Westville soon and would love to see some old school friends there. At the moment, the guys have outnumbered the girls drastically so if you want to meet some nice boys then please come!
Email me at saltyrider@gmail.com for more info.
Aimee :)

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone

Its sooo nice to see that everyone is doing soo well. 10 years hey..where did the time go.

Currently in JHB, just had a little girl Jayden, she will be 1 month tomorrow 14 April. On maternity leave until July - yeah!!

I am a product manager for mweb business.

I dont know if I will be able to make it to the reunion in Durbs in Sep but will def try

Email add: jelliebabe@gmail.com

Bye
Jennifer