Monday, 12 February 2007

Monday Update

Morning All!

We now have contact details for over 100 people!!!! That's almost halfway to the full number of girls who were in our year. For those of you who haven't received one of these emails before.... You are about to be bombarded with mail from everyone!!

Just a suggestion.... There seem to be a lot of people in Australia who can't make either of the reunions due to budget limitations. Why don't you have a mini-reunion in Oz? Then if we organise video messages to be recorded at all of them, we could compile the messages from all three reunions and send a copy to everyone who wants one.

I met up with Raeesa Aniff, Sheryl Cartmell and Amy Fairbairn on the weekend here in the UK. Unfortunately we were chatting so much that we didn't manage to actually discuss the reunion much. No date set yet, but it's almost definitley going to be an evening/afternoon, involving drinking and chatting in London. I still need suggestions for dates and venues. I am also contemplating coming back for the Durban one in September, but no promises yet!!

Here are Candice's latest ideas for the Durban bash:
"I am also leaning towards a girls night at a venue, were we can pre-arrange catering.
Bonny is right we need to work on a budget, so please everyone mail with suggestions.
With regards to the suggestion about including families, a friend of mine did there schools reunion, they did it at the school, bought in outside caterers ( guess it was a lamb on the spit ) and included all the families. They arranged jumping castles and entertainment for the kiddies, and said it was a great success. Another idea!!!
I guess it is going to come down to a vote, looking forward to the outcome."


Keep up the good work Candice

Ciao All
Deanne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deanne, WOW! I am looking through this blog and getting excited as I remember so many of the names! so many of you are married, have travelled and are doing great things. Most of all it is great to see that you are willing to go to so much trouble to connect with eachother and staff again. I look forward to meeting up with those staff and past pupils in the UK. Will be in touch again Bridget Ostrehan (Cuthbert)